Photo too big?
Image > Image size (make sure is checked)
Make the longest side 10 (the shorter side will resize automatically) and set the resolution to 180. This size can still be printed and will be small enough for your website.
How do I edit my photos? WORK FLOW!
The goal is to have enhanced NATURAL looking photos! Use this work flow for all your images! While working on a photo save as a .psd, when saving the final copy change to JPG
Optional Steps to make your photos awesomer
To make some areas darker, or some areas lighter – select the layer with your image on it
1. Burn tool ( the hand) - Makes areas darker. The dodge tool - makes areas lighter
2. Select your tool, above choose either highlights, shadows or midtones. Experiment with the opacity and move directly over top of the area that you'd like to highlight
(Darker on the outside, and lighter in the middle to attract the viewers attention to the subject)
1. Select the layer with your photo, unlock it.
2. Filter > Lens Correction. Click on the CUSTOM TAB. (it's kind of whited out a little)
3. In the Vignette option change the amount to of the vignette and the midpoint as necessary